Saturday 11th February
10am – 12noon
Ashdown School on Herne Road
Building on the success of the Eco Hub we held at CrowFest last Summer, Green Transition Crowborough are holding an Eco Fair at Ashdown School on Saturday 11th February.
This free event will help you to find out about community and environmental projects in Crowborough and help you and your family to discover new ways of living more sustainably.
We are all on a journey to improve our ecological footprint and Crowborough Eco Fair will help you to make choices to reduce impact on our beautiful planet.
There will be a wide variety of stalls and activities. We are still finalising the details – but we have big ambitions.
- an electric car show with an opportunity to ask their owners questions about EVs. voltEV will be be able to answer your queries about chargepoints.
- find-out about Forest Schools and how they enable children to develop problem solving, risk taking, creativity and teamwork.
- demonstrations from some of the fixers from our monthly Repair Café.
- a seed swap – gardeners and allotment owners can exchange excess seeds.
- ways you can reduce food waste and eat more sustainably
- Charlie’s Angels Kitchens will have exquisite vegan & vegetarian food made from supermarket surplus ingredients. Bring your own containers and take portions home for lunch or dinner. Donations to be made on a “Pay as you feel” basis.
- information and advice about insulating your home and using green energy to heat and cook. Local solar panel installation company voltPV will have a stall.
- there’ll be a display of ebikes and we want your suggestions about ways we can promote walking and cycling in Crowborough.
- find out about the Crowborough Community Orchard and, weather permitting you will be able to have a tour.
- ask questions about what packaging can go in your recycling bin, home composting and rainwater harvesting and what GTC are doing to help you with hard to recycle items.
- we’ll be asking for your recommendations of local food and drink producers.
- WeFill Local‘s final stock clearance – so bring along your empty bottles.
- SLiC Sustainable Living in Crowborough will have a display of things you can do at home to save resources, energy and money.
- information about the Crowborough Wildlife Group and how you get involved in conservation tasks to improve our local nature reserves.
Green Transition Crowborough is run by volunteers from the local community. Why not get involved?
The Crowborough Eco Fair is on Saturday 11th February from 10am until 12noon.
It takes place at Ashdown School on Herne Road (junior site) in Crowborough (see a map).
It is free to visit.
Put the date in your diary or on your calendar now. If you are a Facebook user please click on the following link and put yourself down as “Going”. This will help us to gauge numbers and you’ll get a reminder.
We hope to see you there.
Please share details on social media and do tell your friends & friends.
Download a poster to display.